Started in 2022, Intramural Basketball is an in-town basketball program that replaced what was previously called Rec Basketball that was run through the town of Natick’s Rec and Parks department.
New this year, we are rebranding all of our in-town (non-travel) winter programs as Intramurals. This extends the Intramural program to include Grades 1-2, which was previously called Winter Hoopsters.
Registration for Intramural Basketball is now live and you can register here.
A summary of Intramural Basketball is listed below:
- The Intramural program is open to boys and girls currently in Grades 1-8.
- You can register for Intramurals and there are no tryouts for this program.
- You can register for Travel tryouts and decide to only play Intramural.
- Players who do not make a travel team will have the opportunity to register for Intramurals after travel teams are formed.
- While Intramural Basketball is run by NTB – this is not Travel Basketball. For more information on Travel Basketball please click here.
- Intramural Basketball is also different from our fall and spring Hoopsters programs, which a skill clinics for players in Grades K-3. For more information on Hoopsters please click here.
- The Intramural program is meant to create a fun and engaging environment for kids to learn and develop their skills with a mix of practices and games.
- For Grades 3-8, each team will have one practice per week, Monday-Friday and one game per week on Saturdays.
- Practices will start the week after Thanksgiving and the first games will be in early December.
- Times and locations of games, the number of teams per age/gender group and practice schedules will be determined based on registration numbers.
- For Grades 1-2, players will be placed on a team and have a 30-minute practice followed by a 30-minute game each Saturday. Games and practices will be played on 8.5ft hoops. There will be no weekday practices for Grades 1-2.
- We plan on providing more opportunities throughout the year for kids to gain additional exposure to basketball – for the latest on our Skill Clinics you can click here and you can also check out our Schedule here.
- Teams will be coached by parent volunteers, you can learn more about becoming a coach here.
For more information on Intramural basketball please email: firstname.lastname@example.org