Travel Basketball Overview
Travel basketball is the cornerstone program for NTB. We offer travel basketball teams for boys and girls in grades 4-8 each winter. Teams are formed based on tryouts for each grade and gender, which are typically held in September and October each fall. There are typically two or three teams for each grade and gender depending on the number of players and talent in each grade.
A summary of the tryout process is set out below:
- Prospective players register for tryouts online. Tryouts are free and families only make payment once teams are formed.
- Players attend all scheduled tryouts.
- Teams are selected and players notified. There are two to three teams chosen for each grade. Cuts will be made when numbers dictate it necessary.
- After teams are made, coaches will be interviewed and named.
- NTB teams participate in the Metro West Basketball league. Metro West Basketball league requirements state that players must play with grade level peers and may not play down a year, regardless of age.
NTB players are expected to make basketball their primary winter sport. Each NTB team will have 2 practices and 1 game each week. Games are generally held on Sundays in Natick or surrounding towns. Players are generally expected to attend each practice and game.
For more information on the travel basketball season please see the Frequently Asked Questions page.